Utah Utes Scouting Report
- WarrenNolan RPI: 289 | Nolan Power Index: 329 | RealTimeRPI: 293 | Pomeroy: 272 | Sagarin: 307
- Lone win is against San Diego Christian College, 58-55, who lost to UCI by 21 and CSUN by 27.
- Lost to Fresno State by 30 in last game. Best losses are to Montana State by 6 (at home) and UMass by 14 (neutral).
- This will only be the third home game for the Utes.
- Leading scorer -- and second best in Pac-12 -- Josh "Jiggy" Watkins has been suspended indefinitely. He was averaging 17.7 points per game.
- Freshman Kareem Storey will be Wattkins replacement and is a very quick, pass-first point guard.
- Storey will likely be feeding 6-10, 244 pound junior center Jason Washburn, who is the Utes second leading scorer at 10.7 ppg. He also is the leading rebounder at 7.3 points.
- Look for junior wing Cedric Martin, not to be confused with the Titans' Sedric Martin, and junior guard Chris Hines to step up their games, especially from behind the arc.
- Game plan for Utah is to start down low and then kick it outside for the open three, assuming that Cal State Fullerton will pack it in, which they will if Omondi Amoke is tasked with guarding Washburn.
- Vegas: Titans by 9, 73-64.
- On paper, looks like an easy win for the Titans, but emotions are high for Utah, after the suspension of Watkins, so look for a completely different team tonight. Stopping Washburn and preventing open three's will be the keys for tonight's match-up. If the Titans do both, they will win by 15.